Holi is a festival of colours. This festival brings hues of joy with music and dance. Holi ushers in the season of spring or Basant Rutu. This course includes two traditional songs sung during the festival of Holi. These songs are weaved into different Tala structures. These songs are based on the compositional forms, Hori and Khayal.
This course has 6 instructor led sessions. The 6th session is the performance session.
- To do Swar Sadhana with Shuddh Swaras.
- To learn the compositions
- To learn Taal Keherva and Teentaa
- To learn the meanings of compositions
- To sing the songs within the Taal structure with an insight into emotions conveyed by these song
The student needs to complete HV103 at the academy
Age: 10 and above
Yashoda ke Laal
Hori Khelan Ko
- Yashoda ke Laal words and explanation
- Taal Keherva
- Yashoda ke Laal Learning
- Introduction to Raga Des
- Explanation of the composition Hori Khelan ko
- Taal Teentaal
- Learning Hori Khelan ko
The student is able to
- Sing different Swara patterns and Alankar that aid Swar Sadhana and skill development
- Present the two compositions in Sur and Taal
- Introduce the songs with meaning of words